A firewall or firewall setting that prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the update server might also cause QuickBooks Error 15215. QuickBooks Error 15215 is occasionally triggered by a conflict with another application operating in the background when you try to download a payroll update. The appliance is an application that consumes a lot of bandwidth in order to prevent QuickBooks desktop payroll from connecting to the server. A firewall or firewall setting that prevents QuickBooks Desktop payroll from connecting to the update server can also be the problem.
Sign & Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15215
- The program window crashes due to Error 15215.
- When you start an identical program, your desktop is commonly corrupted with Error 15215.
- The QuickBooks error 15215 appears.
- Windows responds slowly and moves slowly when you use the keyboard or mouse.
- Your desktop “freezes” for a few seconds every now and then.
What is Main Causes QuickBooks Update Error 15215
- QuickBooks software installation issues or a damaged download.
- Malware, virus, or infection that has corrupted Windows system files or files used by the QB payroll application.
- QuickBooks payroll-related files were accidentally or intentionally erased by another program.
There is a possible way to fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
You may fix QuickBooks update Error 15215 on your own using the solutions listed below:
Solution 1: Restart the computer.
- To begin, restart your computer. To aid with a blocked connection, this technique can cause the application that is stopping QuickBooks Desktop Payroll to shut down or reset its settings.
- If your problem is resolved after restarting but you continue to receive error 15215 on a frequent basis, check your desktop for any programs that may be causing this. Now follow the steps outlined below to permanently repair the problem:
Solution 2: Start QuickBooks Desktop as though you were a Windows administrator.
- When you run QuickBooks as a Windows administrator, it has the ability to take precedence over most other programs in Windows.
- This also defines Windows, which allows QuickBooks Desktop to use whatever sources that are required to fully comprehend the situation.
- To begin, ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Right-click the Desktop icon on your desktop.
- Choose “Run as administrator” from the drop-down menu.
- If the notice “Do you want to allow this software to make changes to your computer?” appears, select “Yes.”
Solution 3: In Internet Explorer’s Internet Options Window, make sure Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked.
- Close the QuickBooks program.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select Tools > Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Then, under Advanced Settings, select Search Options. Use TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, or TLS 1.2 protocols.
Note that these settings are not available in your Internet Explorer version.
- After that, double-check that Use TLS 1.0 is enabled.
- Then double-check that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 aren’t enabled.
- Then, to close the window, click ok.
- Close Internet Explorer after that.
- After that, restart your computer. Reopen QuickBooks Desktop after it has been restarted.
- After that, go ahead and download the update once more.
Important Note: We will address several Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 8, 7, 10, XP, MS, 2000, and Windows Vista, in which 15215 error messages can occur.
Solution 4: Use Selective Start-up to restart Windows.
- To begin, shut down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose Run and look at the Windows version listed below on your computer.
- The Windows XP: Start > Run
- Windows 7 and Vista: move to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- Windows 8 and 10: Push the Key and Letter R on your Keyboard
- Enter msconfig in the Run Field. Select OK.
- The System Configuration Utility appears now.
- On the current page, select Selective Start-up and uncheck the Load Start-up items checked.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
- Restart your computer as instructed.
- Reopen QuickBooks after the restart and download the most recent tax table.
- If the update was successfully downloaded, repeat steps 1 through 4 and return to the System Configuration Utility.
- Select the basic start-up checkbox and then click OK.
- Restart the computer now.
Solution 5: Manually installing updates
- You must first look for a QuickBooks upgrade to the most recent edition.
- After that, be certain that the product has been chosen.
- Now go to “change option” and click it, then select “QuickBooks product” from the drop-down menu.
- Now you must select the “update option,” then select the location where you want to store the file and click the Save button.
- After downloading, double-click on the “install the update option” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- After the installation is complete, you must restart your computer.
- After completing the aforementioned steps, the user should open “QuickBooks” to ensure that he is using the most recent version and hit the “F2” key.
We publish a variety of tutorials and instructive articles for our users’ various challenges and problems from time to time. However, if the users are unable to resolve their issue. You should not be concerned if you are unable to repair QuickBooks Error 15215 on your own. Contact our team to get the help you need from our qualified specialists.